AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the institute include but not limited to the following:
- Providing a uniform platform and forum for meetings to discuss matters of mutual interest amongst members.
- Exposing participants of the institute’s organized workshops to modern concepts and practice of business administration.
- Evolving better ways of continually improving managerial skills, thereby appreciating their executive roles in the managerial processes.
- Promoting the science and practice of business management in all its ramifications.
- Undertaking research study and collating information from related Professional Bodies within and outside Nigeria and making same available to all members and corporate organizations through the institute’s “Executive Digest” magazine.
- Maintaining the highest standard of disciple and professional code of conduct.
- Serving as a high level center for reflection and excellence for seasoned policy initiators and executors where they meet, reflect and exchange ideas on the great issues of society as they relate or affect the Nigerian economy in the context of a constantly changing world.
- Update the knowledge of Members on Government policies, current issues and developments with a view to having a collective voice.
ICEN ACHIEVEMENTS AT A GLANCE
- The Institute has over the years conducted and organized successful training programmes in Corporate Administration at Federal, State and Local Government levels.
- Several industrial visits have been made to fertilizer companies, textile industries, NNPC/KRPC, media houses and corporate organizations, to mention but a few. The visits are aimed at identifying problems associated with our ailing industries and proffering solutions and making recommendations where necessary to appropriate bodies.
- The institute has actively participated in follow-up consultative meetings on industrial pollution problems to Peugeot Automobile (PAN) on invitation by the Federal Ministry of Environment, Abuja.
ACTIVITIES OF THE INSTITUTE
The institute’s activities include:
- Organizing seminars, conferences, workshops and symposia designed to expose participants to current trends, skills and techniques in management/ administrative matters. The training so received enhances competence of participants.
- Consultancy services on all managerial and administrative matters.
- In-house training programmes specifically tailored towards the needs of Corporate Executives and Organizations.
- Organizing Annual Conferences/Dinners where registered Professional Members of the Institute are exposed to options, knowledge and experience of seasoned Corporate Executives.
- Conferring Annual Merit Awards of Honour to deserving Members who have distinguished themselves in their chosen careers.
- Undertaking periodic review of Government’s current policies as they affect corporate organizations and making recommendations to appropriate quarters.
- Carrying out critical analysis of the problems associated with Corporate Executives and proffering solutions.
Surveyor David Onyeoguzoro, Secretary – Membership Services of the Institute in a keynote address on a Business Mgt. Seminar on “Effective Leadership Increases Productivity” held at Arewa house, Kaduna on Saturday, 10 July, 2004
The current membership strength of the institute is about 55,000. It is also on record that the Institute has trained many seasoned business leaders from all sectors of our National Economy in such vital fields as Management, Production, Finance and Manpower Development.